At Lowell Armory, we offer a Gun Trust free to all of our customers. In fact, 9 out of every 10 customers choose to purchase their Class 3 NFA firearms through our Gun Trust.
The major benefits to a Gun Trust allow you to create “joint legal ownership” in which you can legally share your silencer with family members. You can also select who will inherit your NFA firearms to protect those assets. By following our proven Gun Trust, we ensure the ATF won’t reject your paperwork. To discuss more benefits in detail, contact a member of our service team at 855-7-LOWELL.
Q. What is the tax on the transfer of an NFA firearm?
The tax is $200 for the transfer of any NFA related firearm
Q. Which firearms are regulated under the NFA?
(1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
(5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e);
(6) a machinegun;
(7) any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and
(8) a destructive device.